Thinking of Moving to Johnstown?
Meet 8z Real Estate. Trying to find the right place to move to is not an easy task. While doing a little research on some of the larger cities is certainly feasible, trying to find out anything about the smaller towns can be a bit more of a challenge. This is why we have provided real estate guides such as the following to help make the process of finding a place to live a much easier one.
What’s it like to live in Johnstown?
Johnstown is a small town even by small town standards — covering only 13.52 square miles, Johnstown has a population just shy of 10,000 people. I understand why some people might prefer a larger city, as larger cities often have more amenities. However, if you’re looking to raise a family, then you should strongly consider a small town over a large city. With Johnstown, you’ll be raising your kids in a place that boasts a strong community spirit, a place where you don’t have to be afraid of letting your kids run around in the neighborhoods. Johnstown provides the security and comfort that children need within their environment while growing up.
What types of homes are in Johnstown?
Property in smaller towns tends to be a little more affordable than those located near the big city, which makes the real estate in Johnstown a great value. Johnstown mostly consists of single-family homes, many of which are ranch-style or split-level homes – and you’ll have no trouble finding the size home you need. Just speak with one of our agents about your needs and your wants and we should be able to help you find just what you’re looking for.
What’s unique about Johnstown?
Johnstown is surrounded by gorgeous views of the Colorado landscape, making outdoor activities a big part of the lives of residents here. There are seven city parks, many of which have playgrounds and picnic areas. If you’re looking for something a little more active or exciting to do, then I recommend one of the following services, all of which are located in the surrounding areas of Johnstown:
- Rocky Mountain Adventures – For a bit of an adrenaline rush, you’ll definitely want to check out Rocky Mountain Adventures, where you’ll be able to take kayak classes, go on white water rafting trips – or if that sounds a little too intense for you – do a little bit of fly fishing.
- Mile Hi Rafting – Mile Hi Rafting is another service that provides numerous opportunities for adventure, from kayaking and whitewater rafting to horseback riding and ATV riding.
- Front Range Ride Guides – Front Rage Ride Guides is a fantastic service that the entire family can enjoy. Basically, they offer mountain biking tours in the area surrounding Fort Collins, providing you with a fun way to explore the natural surroundings outside of Johnstown.
Where are the good schools in Johnstown?
The town is served by two different school districts, although the majority of the children residing in Johnstown attend schools in the Weld County School District RE-5J. However, the northwest portion of the town falls within the Thompson R2-J School District. If you have questions about specific schools and what real estate falls into what district, be sure to ask one of our agents. The following are just a few of the schools located in and around Johnstown.
- Letford Elementary School | Grades PK-5 | 2 North Jay Ave, Johnstown, CO 80534
- Pioneer Ridge Elementary School | Grades K-5 | 2300 Cinnamon Teal, Johnstown, CO 80534
- Milliken Middle School | Grades 6-8 | 66 Irene Ave, Milliken, CO 80534
- Roosevelt High School | Grades 9-12 | 616 north 2nd St., Johnston, CO 80534
What are the best things to do in Johnstown?
Johnstown is no ghost town. Don’t let its relatively small size fool you. There are actually plenty of things to do in town to keep you busy.
- Attractions – Go for a date with your significant other to the Candlelight Dinner Playhouse, where you’ll be able to enjoy a delicious meal while you’re entertained by a troupe of actors putting on a play. You can also visit the Scott Kennedy Fine Art Gallery right outside of Johnstown to view some local artwork.
- Dining – There’s a pretty awesome variety of restaurants that you’ll want to try out while living in Johnston. Some of the local eateries that I recommend you give a shot include Johnstown Lunch Box (great for breakfast!) and Cassidy’s Sports Grill (also a great spot to watch the Broncos or the Rockies play).
Is Johnstown right for me?
Johnstown is a very small but tight-knit community, perfect for if you have a family and are looking to live in an area that is both safe and comfortable. While Johnstown may not have the amenities of some of the larger cities, there are still a number dining and shopping options, as well as attractions to enjoy – not to mention that if you enjoy actively participating in outdoor activities, you’ll have plenty to do in both Johnstown and the surrounding areas.